Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Rise of the Lefthander

Judges 3:12-30 is the inspiration here. One of my favorite moments in the Bible. It may or may not also have something to do with the fact that I am left handed...

Forget what you know.

I don't know what to expect.
They'll never give me a second thought.
If they had their way,
I wouldn't breathe another breath.
Who am I to Judge?
The Hand of God should act through this?
This body is a handicap.
This "man" I am, is stunted, worthless.

Forget what you know.
He chooses those who are small and slow.
Warriors and sages can just stay home.
Forget what you know.

These kings, these gluttons.
They enslave to fill their bellies.
Consume. More power.
Decree. Devour.
Give them a little something to digest
Bypass the throat and all the rest
Plunge in the blade they can't resist
They will be judged for the lives they wreck.

I am a witness to the rise of the lefthander.
to the war of the blind and deaf.
So the kings can't help but remember
The name of Him who they cannot match.

the useless shall be used.
the forgotten shall be remembered.
the inept shall become the best.
and the weak shall become the fearless.

This is the rise of the lefthander.
This is the war of the blind and deaf.
So the world can't help but remember
The name of Him who they cannot match.

An eighteen inch blade with two sharp sides,
strapped tight to my right thigh.
it's got a message from God inscribed
to be delivered to these "kings' " insides.
But I've fought this war long enough to know
Courage is never the same when you're away from home
So God of the weak, lefthanded, and tired,
Give me Your courage when mine has expired.

No comments:

Post a Comment